The only day of the week that neither Jason nor I work is Sunday. While it's supposed to be a relaxing day, it tends to turn into our most productive day. Yesterday, though, was absolutely exceptional. That being said, we still didn't get everything done that we wanted to.
- Did laundry. It's harder than you'd think because we have to take the laundry to the basement laundry room in our complex.
- Folded said laundry. Did I mention we hadn't done laundry in two weeks?
- Started organizing Elliott's closet. I need to do a 40 Days, 40 Bags treatment on it, but at least I now know what I am dealing with.
- I got a haircut. I haven't had one in over one year. Eek.
- Did some light grocery shopping; We'll meal plan and do the big trip on Tuesday (followed by a trip to Rita's for free "First Day of Spring" water ice!)
- Made baby food. We tried pineapple (the book said 8 months was OK) and Elliott hated it. It was just too much flavor for him, even though it was pretty mild. Oops.
- Finally got documents shredded. Staples is running a deal that they will shred up to 5 pounds of documents for free. We had 15 pounds of documents. I went through the bag and only took the things that needed to be shredded and recycled the rest.
Pair that with meals and a fussy baby, and it looks pretty good. It was nice to start the week off with a number of chores off the list.
I also finished Mockingjay. I didn't love it the way I loved the first two books, but I still would read the entire series again in a heartbeat. I'm moving on to finishing Condaleeza Rice's memoir that I started a few months ago. Our book club meets on Sunday (at my place. Eee.) and we'll pick a new book, so hopefully I get through a lot of her book quickly.
Fortunately, Saturday was really relaxing. My parents came for the day and made Reubens. We went for a walk, hung out and watched movies. I feel like lately I don't get a day to decompress, so it was nice to have a fun, quiet day. That night, Jason, Elliott, and I crossed the Walt Whitman to attended our friend Matt's 30th birthday party. A lot of our friends who hadn't met Elliott yet were there, and we had a really great time. I even made a date with Amy and Jess to see The Hunger Games on Saturday!
How was your weekend?
- M. & J.