Monday, December 3, 2012

The Beehive.

Our home should be nicknamed "The Beehive" because we are one busy family lately!  The semester is winding down, which means that it's the craziest time of the year for a student / teacher.  I have papers to write, papers to grade, and projects to finish.  I had a mock lecture last week, and I could not be more happy that I got it over with.  It's one thing to lecture to your students, but it's a whole other thing to lecture to peers and professors.  ACK!  I also had some crochet commissions, and while it made things a little more crunched, I'm very thankful.

Jason has been busy starting a side business.  As I have mentioned before, my hubby is quite the chef.  He makes mouth-watering meals, but he is a gifted baker.  He will spend Christmas break getting things in order, and hopefully will be ready to take cookie orders soon.  He's testing and taking orders from close friends and family now, but I can't wait for him to move forward in this thing he loves.

Elliott is teething again and growing like a weed.  We are waiting for him to say his first words other than Mama and Dad (the latter of which he loves to yell when he wakes up).  He also does a number of "tricks," or little animal sounds we taught him.  We also taught him some other imitations, such as Julia Child:

M or D: E, what does Julia Child do?
E: OOoooooh!

I keep meaning to record them, because they are all so cute.

Finally, keep an eye out, because I'm one of Early Mama's new guest contributors, focusing on being a student / mom / teacher.  I will submit my first post tonight, so I'll be sure to link it here when it debuts.  If you are a mom (early or otherwise), check out Early Mama.  She is highlighting a number of Mom blogs that are really just the best.

- M.

P.S.: Looking for those easy recipes I mentioned weeks ago?  One of them is already on my blog (Cheesy Crab Soup), while some of the others are at One Sleepy Chef, over on the side-bar.

1 comment:

  1. COOKIES! I'm happy to test chocolate ones. Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete