Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just One.

Now that school is in full swing, I've gotten some idea of when I get to eat and when I have breaks.  I didn't want to embark on a new fitness plan until I knew what was feasible.  I spent the summer participating in a "Biggest Loser" challenge with some ladies from high school.  I lost a few pounds, but considering the fact that the contest was 12 weeks long and I danced 5 hours a week, along with other exercise and cleaner eating.  I was frustrated to say the least.

That being said, I'm going to start implementing one new health / fitness "rule" each month.  I'm starting with two, because any food rule is going to be less effective without any exercise (dance ended two weeks ago).  Feel free to join in, but this is really just for me.

So, for September, here are my goals:

1. During the week, only water to drink.  I drink a breakfast shake in the morning, but I don't think of that as a "drink" so much as "breakfast."  Penn State Harrisburg has these neat water fountains that have a filtered spout, in addition to the regular fountain, just for filling up water bottles.  It even counts the number of bottles it has filled.  On the weekends, I'll let myself have a soda or a beer.  I'm not a crazy person.

2. Use the rowing machine for 20 minutes a day, along with 20 minutes of stretching / pilates / yoga.  Jason got a rowing machine for his birthday a few years ago, and I just started using it.  I LOVE IT.  I'm not into running at the moment, as I'm recovering from shin splints I got by doing leaps at dance, which doesn't have a sprung / floating floor.  Ouchies.  This has similar benefits.  I just love stretching, so I should feel good after that.  Why 20 minutes?  I exercise in front of the TV in our attic.  20 minutes is one episode of Seinfeld, Parks & Rec, or 30 Rock.  I'm not watching a clock, and I take my mind off the work.

I'm not posting weights on here (pah-leese), but after each month, I'll post a percentage of weight loss or some other milestone (inches, down a size, what have you).  I'll tag these posts "Just One" so you can find them all later.

Yay health!

- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment