I have a confession:
I went to the craft store twice this week. I even took Elliott on one of the trips because I felt it was essential that I went on Tuesday before grocery shopping.
It all started when I got it in my head that Elliott needed a new hat for winter. He really does. I made him one last year, but I'm pretty sure it won't fit. Even if it does, he needs something warmer this year. So, off to the store we went. I had a coupon for 50% off my entire purchase (sale, clearance, what-have-you), so I figured I could get some fall decor and cotton yearn too. I paid very little for my stuff, and I got E a neat twisted blue yarn for a nice, bulky winter hat.
I had more coupons though, and those didn't kick on until today. I knew I wouldn't have time again during the week, and they are really good coupons.
So I went again this morning. Alone. I set out to buy all the materials for all the projects I plan to take on any time soon.
This week I purchased:
- 1 skein of bulky yarn for E's hat.
- 2 balls of cotton yarn for a mat I'm making.
- gel window stickies (leaves)
- Halloween gel window stickies (that glow in the dark!)
- little scarecrow for the yard.
- 1-one pound skein of yellow yarn for a baby blanket.
- 1 yard of fabric for a front door curtain.
- a glue gun (how did I not have one before?!)
- spray adhesive.
- paper cutter.
- a jumbo pack of embroidery floss for my grandparents' Christmas present.
- Fall themed table runner.
- fall / owl themed vinyl table cloth.
Nothing was purchased "for kicks." I had next to no fall decor, and I got all of this for 50% off.
I can't wait to show you the outcome of all of these projects and decorations!