Monday, February 27, 2012

Wedding Guest Book

I know my wedding is long over, but as my 2nd anniversary approaches, I thought I'd share some ideas and tips from our own special day.

There are a lot of neat ideas for wedding guest books floating around the interwebs, especially on Pinterest.  Having been to a number of weddings in the last few years, I've seen a lot of them in action.  One couple, who had a destination wedding in Colorado, purchased a large, black and white coffee table book and had their guests sign in silver Sharpie.  Others have requested messages on the matting of their wedding picture.  Many stick with the traditional formal guest book.

The book and some of the cards.
Jason and I, ever the DIY-ers, went with something a little different.  As an avid scrapbooker (well, I was at the time), I knew I'd want to do a book of just my wedding, so I figured that the guest book could be made into a scrapbook.  A friend took pictures of the guests, and each guest wrote a message on a small piece of cardstock.  I took the items from our wedding (programs, menus, etc.) and put some pictures, some messages, and other embellishments onto the pages.  It's turning out nicely, and I really think it reflects Jason and I's look for our wedding.

I can't help but read these from time to time.

What was your guest book?  Did you even have one?

Supplies purchased at Michael's Arts and Crafts.

1 comment:

  1. that's such a neat idea! we just had a boring, old white "guestbook." one cool thing i saw at a wedding i photographed was the couple rented a photo booth. the workers at the booth took the pictures of guest and stuck them into a ready made scrapbook and people wrote a message. it was neat and funny at the same time. down side: the photo booth cost $1,000 to rent.

    ReplyDelete