Saturday, August 4, 2012

Starting Up.

Whenever I have a big change in my life, I'm always inspired to attempt other changes.  Since I'll be starting graduate school again, I decided to make some other changes.

First, I'm changing up my wardrobe.  Nothing huge, but I bought some new pieces today (including a bunch at Banana Republic, who was having an insane sale), and I gave some other things away.  I plan on purging again soon.  I added five new things today, and I gave four things away.  It felt balanced and right.

Second, I've been attempting to lose weight this summer.  Despite eating better and exercising, I've only lost about three pounds.  Argh.  I've found some new exercises that I'm going to try to use to eliminate my "mummy tummy," and I'm going to eat "cleaner."  More water, more fresh foods.  I'm hoping this will help lose the last few pounds or inches.

Finally, despite being 26 years old, I have worse acne than I did as a teenager.  I've tried drug store items to clear it up, but I'm going to take the plunge and try Proactive.  I got it today in the mail, I bought white linens (it bleaches things apparently), so I'm ready start.

I have a lot more organizing to do before school starts in 2 weeks.  My home organization binder needs new worksheets and finishing touches, the office is chaos, and my closet needs to be organized by color and such.  It makes it so much easier to get ready in the morning if I know where everything is.

Here's to new starts and new habits!

- M.

1 comment:

  1. Proactiv works! I stopped using it a few years ago and just use it occasionally when I get bad breakouts. If you'd like, I could lend you the mummy tummy DVD with how to's for the exercises. Let me know and I could mail it.

    ReplyDelete