Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Meal Plan: June 24 - June 30

Ugh.

I'm in a meal planning rut.  I have a number of go-to recipes, but I'm starting to look for some new, simple meals.  My summer class starts tomorrow too, so I need simple and something that travels well.

In that spirit, I'm going to try to post my meals for the week to inspire my readers (Hi Mom, Sara, and MJ).

Last Week:
 - Monday - Chicken Parm (Jason makes the most amazing chicken parm in our cast iron skillet)
 - Tuesday - Quesadillas (I went meatless with black beans)
 - Wednesday - Cayenne Lime Chicken with Rice and Mango salsa (one of my favorites)
 - Thursday - Burgers and red potatos
 - Friday - Dinner at J's parents
 - Saturday - Wendy's (we eat out so little anymore, and we had spent the entire day out and about)
 - Sunday - Dinner at my parents' house (Dad's burgers!)

This Week:
 - Monday - Nancy's Chicken Salad (It's not for sandwiches; it's a chunky salad with very little mayo)
 - Tuesday - Tacos (Beef tacos with DIY seasoning)
 - Wednesday - Crock Pot Pork BBQ (Jason cooks!)
 - Thursday - Cheesy Crab Soup
 - Friday - Breakfast for dinner (Pancakes, eggs to order, and bacon)
 - Saturday - Out of town
 - Sunday - ? (We almost always end up with leftovers, an invite out, or dinner with our parents, so we'll just move meals around if need be)

I only want to eat cold things for dinner, but that's pretty difficult.  The chicken salad was the perfect dinner for last night, so if you have any similar suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

- M.

10 comments:

  1. I read via RSS feed :-)
    I love this! A few folks on Tumblr post meal plans. Rory and I make one one Google Reader, I may be posting ours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I wish there was some way to know how many people read my blog via an RSS reader.

    I'll have to follow you somehow...I use Bloglovin. I'd love to see other meal plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to the list of people who want to hear about your meal ideas!!! Our budget has been tight lately and I am facing the fact that I might need to meal plan... which sounds intimidating and awful and like something only "organized" people succeed at... hahaha!!! But now you've got me in the mood for enchiladas so maybe it's not so bad!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I didn't start meal planning until after the bambino was born for the same reasons. I'll put up my easy system for meal planning soon. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it. :)

      Delete
  4. I follow you too! And I just made this delicious honey sesame chicken that'll send you the recipe for, I marinaded overnight and threw it in the oven next day....amazzinnngg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I had no idea anyone still read my blog, but obviously my friends do!

      That chicken sounds incredible. We need some new recipes around here, so please send it along!

      Delete
  5. German potato salad is awesome cold. Other cold foods... wild rice salad (can send you the recipe, just text/email!). It's rice, peppers, onion, craisins, and I often throw in a little grilled chicken so I get some protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm. German potato salad is amazing. I'd love that wild rice salad recipe. We are considering having ice cream for dinner next time it's this hot.

      Delete
  6. This is Devin
    I read too, just not too often. :)
    Here's what we had for dinner, very yummy (and by "we" I mean Jacob and I. The boys had parts and pieces)
    http://whatsgabycooking.com/bbq-chicken-quinoa-salad/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds delish! Perhaps this will end up the rotation soon.

      Delete