Monday, March 4, 2013

Meal Planning

My crazy schedule, which just got a little nuttier, doesn't allow me to eat at home much during the week.  I have dinner on Monday and Friday at home and lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We usually plan a home-cooked meal for Monday and order in on Fridays.

This week, however, is spring break, which means that I am home all day, everyday.  I decided to plan some meals so we'd have left overs for next week.  In addition to sharing our plan with you, I'm also going to share the recipes!  I'm not a confident or adventurous cook, so rest assured these are pretty simple.

Here's our plan:

Monday: Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad, with home-made poppy seed dressing

Tuesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs (and side salads)

Wednesday: Cheesy Crab Soup (probably the last one until the fall)

Thursday: Chicken Broccoli Divan

Friday: Oh...we're still eating out.  Probably Neato Burrito.  It's a local chain that's kinda like Chipotle.

I'm going to try to make some different snacks with left overs.

Today, Elliott and I enjoyed Pillsbury crescent rolls with peanut butter and Nutella in them.  Mmmm.  Sweet, but the peanut butter packs protein!

Hope you enjoy this series.  I'm also trying to get a handle on my school work and teaching.  I was assigned an "emergency" class, so I'm prepping for that.  I know life will be crazy this month with new classes, club events, and conferences (two!), so the more I get done in advance, the better.  Even if I get nothing else done, what I've finished so far this weekend is going to set me ahead.

Happy Spring Break!

- M.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe all you do. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I'm not this planned out. That week was spring break (so I didn't have work), so I had the time to cook. It's a delicate balancing act, and as you'll see in the next entry, things went crazy right after spring break.

      Delete