|All the ingredients, minus the chicken, which was cooking.|
As promised, here is the (very very easy) recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 per person, really)
- 10 strawberries, washed and sliced how you please. Obviously, since this is a salad, you can use as many or as few as you like.
- Goat cheese (we didn't have this last night, but I've used it before to great success)
- 1 bunch of spinach (again, as much as you please. This is your salad base)
(For the Poppy Seed Dressing)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. poppy seeds
|Not from last night, but just a vision of amazing strawberries.|
1. Grill the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. We discussed potential marinades last night, but didn't have a chance to test any. Let us know if you try one!
2. Wash and slice strawberries.
3. Wash and dry spinach.
4. Mix dressing ingredients into a bowl or salad dressing container. Be sure you can re-seal it, because it makes a lot of delicious dressing.
5. Plate your food: Spinach, strawberries, sliced chicken, cheese, dressing.
The longest step for us was defrosting the chicken. It's easy and fresh, and a whole meal on one plate. We gave E pieces of the meal, and supplemented with some other easier to eat foods (grilled chicken is too chewy for him still).