My last post indicated the intention to get sh-tuff done this week. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when the rest of my life had other plans.
On Monday night, my right eye was itchy and watery. I just assumed it was tired, and I put some drops in it. Tuesday morning, it was swollen shut and painful. I knew what this was. Another corneal abrasion. A trip to the doctor confirmed it, but I had to be referred to a specialist because one is not supposed to get random cuts on ones eye. Eww.
I have relied on the kindness of parents, in-laws, siblings, and friends to get through my week. I couldn't drive, which I only discovered after getting to school on Wednesday, so it's been a rotating series of drivers taking me to appointments, class, and work. When I was home, it took all of my energy to do things around the house, because light, screens, and general movement aggravated my condition. I should be in tip-top shape come Monday, but I am definitely more committed to keeping my eyes healthy anyway I can.
Suffice it to say, 40 Bags got a little turned around. I took Friday off from life. E went to his usual Friday haunt, and I slept, recovered, and starting getting back on track with everything.
We'll just pretend things happened when they were supposed to: (because they did get done at all)
- Removed all of the apps I never use (or have on my tablet, which is what I use for portable internet access).
- Removed music that I always flip by
- Removed playlists that were created for no reason.
- Loaded some sweet Sesame Street tunes for the little man.
- Created some better play lists so I can make my battery last longer (by not flipping through the library).
- Before adding the playlists, I freed up over 1 GB of space!
Thursday: Needlecraft supplies.
- Detangled EVERYTHING. I feel like yarn has a mind of its own and tangles with the other skeins in the drawer when I let them alone too long.
- Reorganized the yarn by fiber. One (very full) drawer of cotton; one of worsted; one bag of scratchy worsted; one drawer of higher end yarns; one drawer of other acrylic weights; one drawer of miscellaneous; and one drawer of finished projects awaiting shipping, purchase, or gifting.
- Put my unfinished projects in shallow boxes on top of the drawers so I see them and get the itch to work on them.
- Put the huge skeins of yarn in plastic bags and hung them with hangers from the bar in the closet.
- Cleaned out my notions caddy and took stock of my hooks (all accounted for except F...I'll find it).
Saturday - Sunday: Kitchen.
- Cleaned and stored Elliott's bottles. We are officially off bottles.
- Moved mugs, tea, coffee, and sugar to a cupboard next to the coffee maker.
- Opened up two shelves.
- Threw away a bunch of expired hot drink mixes.
- Re-arranged Jason's baking supplies.
I also went shopping on Saturday with my mom and sister, and I found the storage pieces I've been seeking for a while. I found a storage box for toys (that can double as a seat), two cute basket hampers for blankets, and an umbrella stroller (which will open up a lot of room in my trunk!).
*This post is crazy late, but I really haven't had the time to type it up. I'll talk about this past week ASAP*