Monday, January 28, 2013

March for Babies 2013

If you were following me last year, you know that our family walked in the March for Babies in memory of the nephew of our good friend Liz.  This year, I am at it again, walking once more for the Devoted to Dylan team.

Last night I played charity trivia for our team, and we won!  I was able to kick off my efforts with a $350 donation, which is 75% more than I raised in total last year.

If you have the means, we would love a donation to our walk team.  My goal this year is $500, so I only have $150 more to go.

The March of Dimes works to fight pre-term births and to help work for healthy moms and babies.  Our own Elliott spent a few days in the NICU with a minor infection and low blood sugar.  While we were in the hospital, we saw first hand what NICU moms and dads go through and how the March of Dimes supports those families.  The organization started as a group to help fight polio, otherwise known as infantile paralysis, in 1938 by President Roosevelt, who himself suffered from the disease.  Once the disease was eliminated from the US in the late 1950s, the organization rebranded itself to help with infant health.

- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment