Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy week!

We Yingers have had quite the busy week!

Last Saturday, my parents came up to visit.  They like to see Elliott about every 2 weeks, so we've been lucky enough to see them more than ever.  They helped me get our apartment in order because it's hard sometimes between work and Elliott to really get cleaning done the way I want.  If I have someone here to entertain E, it's much easier.  Afterwards we went to Main Street at Exton, which is a pretty extensive outdoor mall.  We also met up with my Aunt Chris, who lives nearby, and my dad watched Elliott while the ladies looked around and shopped.  I found some really neat stuff at Pier 1, and I actually can't wait to go back before Christmas.  We ended the day with soup and sandwiches at Aunt Chris (I'm still wishing I had more homemade chicken noodle soup).

On Monday, Elliott and I ventured across the Delaware to the Allen's for a jewelry party.  While I really didn't look at jewelry much, I did get to catch up with Sara, and Elliott got passed around between her parents.  It was a successful little trip.  It was the longest trip I've gone on with just Elliott, so I feel much more confident that I can do things on my own.

Elliott had his two-month appointment on Thursday, and it turns out we have quite the big boy.  He weighs 12 pounds and 8 ounces (12 1/2 pounds!), which is in the 75th percentile.  He's 22 3/4" long, and his head is 16" around.  He had to have his bellybutton cauterized because something wasn't healing as well as it should (he didn't feel it, as your bellybutton has no nerves!) and he did pretty well for his shots.  Granted, he cried, but he didn't stay upset for long and was just sleepy afterward.  Otherwise, he hasn't seemed to have any side effects.  Yay!

Today we are waiting for Jason's parents to come visit.  They haven't seen Elliott since Labor Day, so I'm sure they'll be fascinated by all the changes he's made over time.

Right now, the "year of babies" is really ramping up.  One friend just had a baby on Thursday, and my friend Nancy is ready to pop.  I know no less than 17 people who either are pregnant or have a child under the age of one.  Elliott will have lots of cousins and new friends around his age.  I'm totally OK with this.

Here are some new pictures of our guy:

Playing with Grandma Tay-Tay.

Just being sweet.

Look at that grasp!

Hanging out with Aunt Chris.
 - J & M.

No comments:

Post a Comment