Thursday, September 15, 2011

2 Months Old!

Happy 2 Month Old.


Today, September 15th, Elliott Zachary is 2 months old.  I'm amazed at how much he has changed, but also how much he has stayed the same.

He is still the happy, adaptable boy we brought home from the hospital.  When we took him to Mom and Dad McGee's over Labor Day, he was happy to sleep in the Pack 'n' Play away from Mommy and Daddy.  He let the cats sniff him and anyone who wanted to hold him was greeted with a smile.  He still looks like a baby version of my dad, which almost everyone who knows my dad comments on.  He's still the easy little dude we love.

On the changes front, he has really started to enjoy playing with toys and following them with his eyes.  He is happiest watching his mobile go around and around.  He's sleeping like a champ too.  He goes down usually between 9 and 10 and wakes up between 6 and 7 for a bottle or nursing session, then he's down again until about 9 or 10.  Bathtime is another favorite of Elliott's.  He is also growing hair on the top of his head to match the hair on the sides.  He looked like a man with male-pattern baldness until this week.  It's so fuzzy and cute!

This weekend we're looking forward to a visit from Grandma and Grandpa and possibly a little trip to my aunt and uncle's.  It'll be nice to get out of the apartment for something other than work.  When I'm home after work, I don't go anywhere because Jason has the car.  Therefore, I have to rely on friends to come and visit me.  Meg and Em visited on separate occasions, which helped break up the week.  We're also still working on getting the house in order.  I'm purging stuff like crazy because we just have so much that stays in boxes with each move.  It's nice to have the extra storage space.

I wonder what month three has in store for us!

- J & M.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the sleeping situation is going well! Who watches him while you work? He's still so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason and I are fortunate enough to have a schedule that doesn't require childcare. He is at home when I teach, then he goes to work at 3. Next semester, we'll have to find a sitter for 3 hours on Tuesdays (I'm teaching the American Studies seminar).

    ReplyDelete