Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 19

Baby Yinger is in the midst of week number 19. For one of the first times in my pregnancy, I can tell that serious growth and progress is being made.

First, my body is growing at a much higher rate than before. I have a lot more stretching pains, and my clothes are fitting less well. I bought my first maternity dress (Old Navy was having a sale and I need a dress for work / special occasions). It's adorable and I can't wait for the weather to warm up slightly so I can wear it out.

Second, Baby Yinger is starting to get the hang of kicking and moving in a more definite way than before. Now, movement is less flutters and more definite punches or whatnot. He / She even had a case of the hiccups the other day, which was awesome / kinda wild. After dance rehearsal today, he / she wanted to keep going, I think. Someone was doing the cha-cha in there.

Finally, other baby related things are moving along. We found a new apartment, which we are super excited about. We have a hold on it and we are just waiting for the credit checks to go through. Pictures later. I know when my baby shower is and I'm helping to plan that as well. I'm almost half way through the school semester too, so my "leave-of-absence", as my boss calls it, is getting closer and closer.

Thanks for all the comments. I do have two questions for my readers.
1. For mamas (or other baby care-givers): What was the one thing you could not live without on your registry? We are planning on cloth diapers and breastfeeding, so take that into consideration.
2. For everyone: I'm looking for great recipes, including some to freeze for the early days of baby-life. I have some in mind (my spaghetti sauce, taco soup, and chili), but I could use others. Thoughts?

- J & M.