Sunday, November 27, 2011

Elliott's First Thanksgiving

The holidays are going to bring about so many "Elliott's firsts," and I'm glad that Thanksgiving went so well.  Christmas will be a lot more complicated, but I think Elliott will do well.

On Wednesday night, Elliott went to bed easily, which allowed Jason and I to finish our baking and "cooking" for Thanksgiving.  Jason made mint-chocolate cookies, which are always delicious, and I made a mango salsa.  We wanted everything finished before bed so we could just get up, shower, and go in the morning.

It didn't feel like Thanksgiving when I woke up.  This was the first Thanksgiving that I couldn't watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Jason and I don't have cable or anything, and we had to get ready anyway.  I watched some clips online, but it obviously wasn't the same.  We also thought we'd hit serious traffic on the way to my aunt's house, but we didn't see anything!  We made record time.

When we got there, Elliott was almost instantly picked-up by his Aunt Sarah, who he hasn't seen since August.  Everyone was excited to play with him and cuddle him, which is probably why he was exhausted by about 2 o'clock.  We ate a delicious dinner (my mango salsa was gone well before we sat down to eat), and Elliott slept until about 5:30!  I even took a walk with my aunt, mom, sister, and grandparents.  My sister wanted to see the Muppet movie, so after Elliott woke up, he got settled in with Grandma Tay-Tay (my mom), and Jason, Sarah, and I had a great time at the movies.  It was so nice to spend time with my sister while she was home.  It makes me antsy for Christmas.

We stayed at Aunt Chris' until about 10, when we decided it was time to head out.  We made record time home and we all went right to bed, which was about 2 hours before Jason and I normally do.

On Friday, we had a second Thanksgiving with Jason's parents and brother.  Jason and I rearranged our apartment to make it more conducive to a dinner party, and we actually decided to leave it this way.  We have some other things to move, but it looks pretty good.  We never used our table before, but now we use it a lot.  Anyway, the dinner was really nice.  We had pasta-in-a-pot, which is kind of like lasagna, but with shells.  Jill also made a banana cream pudding pie, which is one of my favorites.

The rest of the weekend was just like any other.  Saturday, Jason worked, and today we shopped and did things around the house.  I have a few projects I want to get done before the end of the year, so I'm working hard whenever I can to finish them.

I have another post in the works for Crafty Lady Tuesday.  :)

- J & M.

2 comments:

  1. Mango salsa woooo! :)

    And mint cookies you say? Mayhaps J can pass along the recipe?

    ReplyDelete