Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sniffles.

The change of seasons has brought a set of three colds to the Yinger home.  Jason has a cold that wipes him out, my cold is due to allergies, and Elliott is just especially stuffy, which makes being a happy baby more difficult.  I'm trying to use natural remedies (vitamins, Vicks, fluids) to help my symptoms, while only taking Clariten (sp.) for my allergies.  When I was pregnant, it was OK, so I figure it is even less present now while nursing.  I've been trying to use all the remedies we can for Elliott.  We got him baby nose drops, baby Vicks (which smells amazing...they should make a larger tub of the stuff for adults), and a cool-mist humidifier.  He's always been a little stuffy, and we've been meaning to pick up the humidifier for weeks.  The problem with being a stuffy baby is that it interrupts his sleep and makes eating a whole new challenge.  Despite it all, he's actually been a fairly happy baby.

Last week was so busy because of midterms, so I'm happy to have a chance to breathe, get some things done, and not grade!

I'm also still debating taking E out to trick-or-treating.  I keep thinking "why not?"  He has a costume, and we live next to a cute little neighborhood.  It would be a good excuse for a walk.  On the other hand, I'd be by myself.  Maybe I can get a friend to come out with me.

- J & M.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go trick or treating with you if I could. But I can't... AND my costume has a lewd word on the shirt (you'll see!), which isn't appropriate for baby time. Definitely go though. Free candy for you, that you can pretend is for E.

    A musing on baby products, since you mentioned the Vick's. Baby shampoo is tear-free. WHY ISN'T ADULT SHAMPOO?!

    ReplyDelete