Monday, March 10, 2014

40 Days, 40 Bags: The Beginning

Of all the years for Easter to be late, this was not the ideal one.  I kept looking at March 5 on my calendar as if it was actually the first day of spring, rather than Ash Wednesday.  The weather has been warmer too, so it all came together nicely in the end.

As I said in my last post, I got rid of three bags before the 5th, mainly because the time was right.  My sister was here, and she could take the bags with her right away.  Here is what my "schedule" looked like:

March 5: My clothing (seemed like an obvious choice)

March 6: School office.  I share an office with four other women, so I really just took home things that no longer needed to be there, and I cleaned out my drawer.  A few clever (and free) organizing tricks later, I'm really making use of my small space.

March 7, 8, & 9: I was so behind on basic house cleaning (the time right before midterms is REALLY stressful), so I dedicated three days to catching up.  I did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned furniture, mopped, and got rid of the stuff that was cluttering up the major dumping spaces.

March 10: Bathroom. I replaced the shower liner, purchased a shower rack, and reorganized the whole set up.  It looks like a whole new space!

I'm finishing up my bedroom and our small closet tomorrow, and possibly the windows.  It's supposed to be really nice tomorrow, but snow later in the week, so maybe I'll save the deep clean of the windows for another day.

The house already looks 1000% better, and I can concentrate again.

- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment