Sunday, March 2, 2014

Willing Spring to Arrive.

With the impending storm (this is getting old), I had to do something to make it seem like spring.  Even though March 5th is really the beginning of Lent, I started my 40 Days, 40 Bags spring cleaning / purging today.

My sister spent the day with us (my parents heat went out, and it won't be fixed until at least Monday), so she and I went to the mall.  I bought a few essentials (dress pants, a dress for a wedding), but when I got up to my closet, I realized how full it was and how few things I wore.  I already had a big bag of things from my dresser, and decided to let my sister go shopping in my closet.  She took home two huge shopping bags, and I still filled another shopping bag to go to charity.  I re-organized my closet (well, as much as I could), and cleaned up my drawers.

So, 3 bags down, 37 more to go.  I have a feeling I'm actually going to hit 40 bags this year.  Our house needs to be purged in the worst way.  Last year, we had just moved the year before, and I had done a very effective purge before the move.  This year, we just need to organize and streamline.

It makes it feel like spring is just around the corner.

- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment